Wetland & Watercourse Delineation and Alteration Services
Protecting our natural environment is critical to the survival of our planet, and wetlands and watercourses play an integral role in the ecosystems in which we live, work, and play.
When existing natural areas are developed, the Department of Environment requires the land to be reviewed by a certified professional to assess and evaluate the presence of existing wetlands and watercourses in the area, and subsequently devise a plan to complete the development in an environmentally sustainable way. EBH assists public and private sector clients in identifying sensitive environmental areas and working with our DELG officials to prepare designs and plans that preserve our wetlands and watercourses while meeting the goals of our land development clients.
When construction activity is required in – and around – existing known wetland and watercourse areas, our certified staff can provide the following services:
- Wetland and Watercourse Alteration (WAWA) Permit Applications Under our company certification.
- Preparation of Required Documents For (WAWA) Permit Applications by Land/Project Owners
- GPS Mapping of Wetland and Watercourse Features
- Wetland Delineation Reports and Submittals
- Wetland Ecosystem Services Protocol Atlantic Canada (WESP-AC) For Tidal and Non-Tidal Wetlands
- On-site inspection services to move projects forward and reduce the risk of non-compliance.